Monday, August 11, 2014

August 11--Day 400





Wait. What does that say? Does that seriously say, "Day 400"? I can't believe it actually came. To be honest, there was more than one day when I thought I wouldn't make it. But I did. Because He is Good. Because He is my Strength. That was my theme for this year. And when I decided that, sitting at home, about to start my final semester, I could never have known how much I would need that this year. I've done things I never could have imagined I could do -- every day. Every day was a struggle, every day was a test, every day was a blessing. It's kind of anti-climatic that I'm spending my 400th day in China, but it doesn't matter. Because I'm going back. Here's to another 400 days!

Oh, yeah, and how did I spend that 400th day? Sorry, got a little distracted by my soliloquy there. I volunteered at my church's food bank. Saw packaged meat, you know, the kind that a thousand grimy Chinese hand's haven't actually touched. Jammed to Journey with Mom on the ride home. At hamburgers. Doesn't get much better than this. Well, it does. If my students were here with me. Or if I were in China with them. Four more weeks, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment