Monday, August 11, 2014

August 9--Day 398










Shepard in XinJian. I'm convinced it's the most amazing and beautiful place on Earth. I managed not to speak Chinese to the Hispanic workers at the Mexican restaurant. Phew! Got to explore the most fascinating place in America! Seriously, have you guys checked out Dollar Tree? Totally beats the 2.5 yuan store. Hands down. Can't wait to show my kids the awesome stuff I found for class. Even chicken feet Americans would like! Oh, and let me introduce you to my town. During the torrential downpour (we're talking serious flooding; I told my mom I saw pairs of animals getting into an ark downtown, but she didn't believe me...), the comic book store in town thought it would be a good idea to have a sidewalk sale. Oh, and "Graham Ole Opry" ice cream exists. What? What does that even taste like?

No comments:

Post a Comment