Tuesday, September 10, 2013

September 10--Day 65




Happy Teacher's Day! Here's just one of my nine classes. They're great. I'm blessed to have such amazing students. Tonight, we went to the best milk tea shop in all of Hainan. Caramel butterscotch milk tea. We had such fun. And, I asked Bruce, a student I've been really close with all summer, what he thought of my class today, how I could make it better. (This was my first real teaching lesson, and I thought up the lesson plan completely by myself.) He said it was perfect, that there was no way I could have made it better. "No, no! It was very good. Very, very good. Maybe the best English class I've been to." Smile. Not that I take total stock in what he, a random college student says, but, that was a pretty good Teacher's Day present.

No comments:

Post a Comment