Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September 17--Day 72


Finally got to play the piano! So happy. And the Chinese have this awesome idea of making sheet music books extra long so you flip the page fewer times. Genius. Met some awesome Chinese guys who can sing better than any other kids I've heard. Actually, I spent more time talking to the random people who came in to talk to me than I did playing.

Today's class was perfect. What a great group. I did finally succeed in getting them to channel their energy toward something productive. And, when I told them I wanted to hang out with them next week, they freaked out. They acted like they'd won the lottery, cheers and applause and all. It's just milk tea, guys. Ha.

Have I mentioned I love my students? Tonight was a blast. I love these nights of just hanging out with them. According to Dawn's friend, my eyelashes are "too long," and I'm causing quite the stir on campus because people can't figure out why my hair is yellow, but my eyelashes are black. Haha. The multi-colored American...

No comments:

Post a Comment