Thursday, August 8, 2013

August 3--Day 27




KTV with the students! KTV is indoor, private karaoke, which is a huge deal in China. We piled up in a military/cart-like san zha mao, which was an adventure. Oh, and I learned to "Carefully slide" down the staircase. Thanks, Chinglish sign. Dinner on business street afterward. I got to know two students I hadn't really had the opportunity to get to know too well. They're amazing. Donna told me a Chinese proverb, "Have a teacher for one day, respect him as a father for life." Yeah, I definitely have teachers I will respect my whole life. I want to be that kind of teacher. The fruit shop was closed, so after dinner we just hung out on the basketball courts. I can't describe how fun today was with them. And I got so much closer with so many of them. Success. And to top off the night, we saw shooting stars! Incredible. The stars are so bright and clear out here; they really are like pinpoints of light through velvet. It’s clear enough to even see the Milky Way out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment